Wisetek Sustainable EARTH Program
“Because the Earth Matters” ™
Wisetek provides environmentally conscious organisations with a certified Responsible Recycling (R2) service for managing the disposal of their retired hardware system assets. The Wisetek Sustainable EARTH Program is an assurance that all processing is fully transparent, secure, auditable and is compliant with the highest global environmental regulatory recycling standards.
Wisetek’s EARTH Recycling Program is underpinned by these fundamental commitments:
- We provide full chain of custody tracking and reporting of all redundant/obsolete assets from our receipt to final disposition. This ensures every step in our data sanitization, re-use, recycling and recovery processes is transparent and auditable. An outcome report is always provided enabling the calculation of the Electronics Disposal Efficiency (EDE) % rating.
- We explore, as a priority, all options to extend the useful life of redundant/obsolete assets through verified reuse for original purpose, remarketing or socially responsible donation.
- We use responsible, zero landfill recycling practices to ensure non-functional redundant/obsolete assets are converted to re-usable components of commodity grade materials that can be reused in new products.
- We prohibit the disposal of end of use electronic equipment or components to any destination which is not approved by our rigorous audit standards.
- We comply with local and regional environmental laws and regulations and use independent third parties to evaluate and certify our compliance.
- We protect the health and safety of everyone working in our Responsible Recycling operations with independent verification.
- Our customer’s data security is paramount; we therefore carry out reliable data sanitization in compliance with NIST SP 800-88 standards in a secure environment, providing full traceability and evidential data destruction and certification for each hard drive received.
- We comply with the requirements of the Basel Convention, relevant European WEEE Directives and the legal requirements of destination countries.
- Our Responsible Recycling operations are independently certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and the Responsible Recycling (R2) Standard.
- We commit to protect the brand image and sustainability reputation of all our customers.
- All our Responsible Recycling activities are conducted in a manner that is always respectful of the environment – our policy of landfill avoidance is integral to this commitment.