Wisetek currently has a requirement for a Hardware Test Engineer, as part of the Operations Engineering Team. Primary responsibilities include providing technical support for Operations Testing of hardware products – new Manufacturing material and Refurb (ITAD) material. This will include support for day-to-day operations as well as project work on development of improved tools and processes, for current and new hardware. The successful candidate should provide hands-on technical operational support in a professional and friendly manner. The role will support activities across several Wisetek sites so some travel will be required.
Duties include but not limited to the following (Training will be provided for specific tasks);
- Be one of the go-to people for technical queries on hardware Testing – Enterprise & Client/Office – Compute, Server, Storage and Networking.
- Develop and support test methods for testing new and refurbished hardware, including NAV/data collection.
- Be a key point of support for the Operations teams on all technical issues. Communicate actively across all site teams, creating and updating process flows and work instructions as required.
- Identify and support continuous improvement and innovation activity – opportunities to enhance or transform our hardware testing activities.
- Problem solving and analytical skills – need to be able to take the lead in dealing with technical and business problems encountered with products and processes, root causing and correcting them.
- Self-motivated and results driven – self-starter with a sense of urgency, capable of working in a multi-tasking environment and shifting focus appropriately.
- Good knowledge of IT Equipment and hardware testing, across some of Enterprise & Client/Office Compute, Server, Storage and Networking, a distinct advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel, to other Wisetek sites, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to take responsibility for new tasks and deliver results independently with minimal intervention required.
- Good interpersonal and team skills along with a customer focused attitude – capable of leading or working as an integral part of a team and delivering on commitments made.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal – need to be able to transfer knowledge clearly and effectively to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge or experience in Lean Manufacturing Methodologies desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision desirable.
- Degree in Engineering or a related discipline required or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Hardware Test, IT or related technical role.
Candidates must have legal right to work for this role.
Click HERE to apply for this job position.
Wisetek Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.