Wisetek is currently looking to fill the position of Purchasing Supervisor.
Wisetek are a global outsourcing provider of Technology Product Lifecycle Services to the world’s leading Enterprise IT Corporations, with Product Operation Centers located in Europe, USA & Asia.
Wisetek transforms the regulatory requirement for managing products at end of use / end of life into a significant profit generating activity through advanced fully managed outsourced services.
Wisetek assembles, configures and test new complex IT systems for specific customer sales delivery programs in each global sales region USA, EMEA and Asia.
The Company has recently merged its US Operations with Data Killers whom are one of the biggest destruction services firms in the US. This new company will become one of the largest suppliers of refurbished IT equipment in the world.
The Wisetek culture is derived from the people that create it. Our company was built on a foundation of innovation and excellence and as we grow, we continue to seek these qualities in each person that joins our team.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to;
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU) guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects and supplies, advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns.
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Purchasing/Business related discipline desirable.
- APICS/CIPS/IIPM accreditation beneficial.
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Supply Planning or Purchasing Functions.
- Good knowledge of MRP necessary.
- Solid exposure to multi geography Supplier and Vendor management processes and continuous improvement.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com