Wisetek has a requirement for a Trainee accountant based at our facility in Dublin Hill, Cork. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious trainee to achieve their Accountancy qualifications while learning on the job across all key finance functions in a fast growth, Internationally focused environment. Support with exam costs and study leave will be part of the attractive package on offer for the successful candidate.
The role involves (but is not limited to) assisting and supporting the Finance team across all of the key finance functions as follows;
- Sales Invoicing, managing the receivables ledger and credit control.
- Accounts payable, booking invoices and supplier reconciliations etc.
- Bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and associated accounting entries
- Payroll, petty cash and expenses.
- Learning about month end reconciliations, financial reporting and budgeting
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Tax and regulatory compliance.
- Analysis in Excel and assisting with cost management programs.
- Support and assist the Finance as required with ad hoc duties.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business studies.
- Hardworking and reliable, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ideally some experience in an office environment – one year’s bookkeeping or accounting experience and advantage but not essential.
- Desire to pursue an Accounting qualification.
- Excellent PC skills including experience with Microsoft excel are essential.
- Person must have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Person needs to be an energetic, enthusiastic and friendly individual with ability to use their own initiative and take responsibility for their work.
- Desire to learn and progress in their career and develop a commercial acumen.
- Maintaining confidentiality and Data protection are key elements of this role.
- Person must have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Please apply by email with current C.V. to Laura McDonnell HR Generalist.
Wisetek Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.