Wisetek has a requirement for a US Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will be expected to establish, develop and maintain strong professional relationships with Customers. The Business Development Manager will work with the sales team to build and grow a successful pipeline of new and recurring revenue and to identify vertical market, geographic, business process and gaps in our current sales strategies.
This role will preferably be based at our Headquarters in Hyattsville, Maryland but could potentially be based in one of our other US locations in Boston, Austin, Virginia or Sacramento.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Performs direct sales and achieves personal sales targets – i.e. leads from the front as regards sales performance. This includes internet sales and phone sales.
- Provide leadership, motivation and supervision of the Sales Team to manage these tasks directly.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all sales team members to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance.
- Manages, trains and develops the sales team to work together and bring out the best from all team members so that each individual member achieves to the best of their capability.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented fairly and consistently within the team in line company expectations.
- Responsible for selling all product lines including, but not limited to: hardware, software, maintenance, asset recovery and trade-in services.
- Meet and exceed set sales quotas while adhering to rules of engagement.
- Manage all account profiles, improve client utilization and maximize sales.
- Drive partners to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practice, training, and support.
- Monitor competitor’s activity within the channel market and create a strategic plan to boost the company’s market share.
- Liaison with all areas of the company to meet and exceed goals and customer needs.
- Working closely with our Digital marketing team, define the key lead generation activities that create the required quantity and quality of leads for our inside sales team.
- Help to define and develop the online presence of the market solutions to drive awareness, revenue, and customer retention whilst reinforcing the company value proposition.
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales with some time at manager level
- BSc in Business or Sales Management or related degree.
- Highly motivated with exceptional leadership and written/verbal communications skills
- Some technical/IT background or knowledge preferred
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Some International selling experience
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to manage a pipeline with multiple accounts and partners
- Willingness to travel on occasion and work in a fast growing business
- Proven ability to drive sales, display commercial acumen and work well with a small management team.
- Proven track record of exceeding annual revenue and profit targets
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ambitious, driven to succeed and no fear of rejection
- Client-focused, client-driven
- Thorough understanding of MS Office tools: Excel, Word, Outlook and CRM.
- Proven track record of building new clients.
- An existing client base that is able to buy hardware/services.
- Proven ability to work independently, with willingness to document daily activities, struggles and successes
- Previous experience in working with prospect/client database systems
Click HERE to apply for this job position.
Wisetek Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.